Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

So I have now got to a stage where I can't sleep. I would not label myself an insomniac but rather just a poor soul. I go home at night and eagerly get into bed with high hopes of a sound sleep. Half an hour later, the hopes fade. My friends say its because I don't do enough physical activity. This could be true in part, but there are some days when I walk around tons and run and drive around for work and it still doesn't make a difference.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm too tired to sleep. Is that possible? I'm not so sure, but right now I think so! It's now 2:40 in the afternoon and I'm finally sleepy. Obviously I'm at work and will not sleep. It just brings back that age old question - why do we go to sleep when we're not sleepy and have to wake up when we are! Sigh, such is society's rules.

I wanted to try the physical activity thing but just not finding the time - and early morning doesnt really work when I'm running on barely no sleep anyway! I considered cough syrup but feels kind of desperate.

Aaah!! Maybe I need a holiday! That would be nice. A hot beach and the sound of the waves in the distance. Nothing to do but lie in the sand under a shady umbrella and feel the cold bacardi breezer in my hand...wow. alright time to stop my daydream. !

Any sleep tips? I've tried counting sheep, counting from 500 backwards, drinking hot bournvita (which i like anyway yum) and jumping up and down lots of times! lets see what else i can think of!

1 comment:

Rajiv Mathew said...

Work out hard. You will sleep in a jiffy!